[OSGeo-Discuss] 75th ICA-OSGeo lab - University of Salzburg

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 10:52:09 PDT 2014

Dear All,

It is my great pleasure to inform you that Z_GIS ,Department of Geoinformatics, University of Salzburg  http://www.zgis.at/index.php/en/   has become our 75th ICA-OSGeo lab. It is an important milestone in our growth and we warmly welcome them to our "Geo for All" http://www.geoforall.org initiative.

They are one of the leading centres of Geospatial education and research globally with over 85 staff and one of the best examples of their global impact and leadership is the distance education initiative offering masters and diploma programmes in Geographical Information Science and Systems through the UNIGIS International Association  http://www.unigis.net

They already contribute to Open Source Geo through both their teaching within UNIGIS and MSc in Applied Geoinformatics (e.g. QGIS module)  and research (they develop innovative applications based on OSM, application-centric development of sensor web services architectures etc). They also contribute to outreach through FOSS focused workshops at AGIT http://www.agit.at ,  http://www.gi-forum.org  etc.

Prof. Josef Strobl is also the Advisory Board member of ICA-OSGeo Labs and we are looking forward to working closely with him, Dr Hermann Klug and other colleagues at Salzburg for building up more research and education collaborations and opportunities globally.

Best wishes,

Suchith

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.