[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2014] Nomination for Ionuț Iosifescu

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:23:29 PDT 2014

I fully agree with Suchith on the importance of education, and am very
glad to see many nominations of ICA-OSGeo Labs' members.

I find that having many Charter members from the education domain means
that OSGeo is ready to recognise other contributions than code. This
makes me think of what Debian recently did:
https://www.debian.org/News/2010/20101019

Debian is maybe by design more code-oriented than OSGeo - anyway, I
like our common shift to recognise more kinds of contribution as
equally important.

Anne