[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2014] Nominations finish tomorrow!!

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:40:17 PDT 2014

Venka,
Further to Jorge's email, the reason we need to vote in charter members
(rather than accepting everyone who applies) is to meet OSGeo bylaws
which state that we need to vote in new charter members every year.
The reason for the bylaws is to avoid hostile take-over. Admittedly very
unlikely, but still possible.

So we have changed our voting processes to try and be as inclusive as
possible, basically aiming to ensure that everyone who is interested,
and actively contributing toward OSGeo should be voted in for charter
membership.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager