[OSGeo-Discuss] Final OSGeo-Live Testing Sprint this weekend - call to action

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:10:49 PDT 2014

We are calling for help for the final OSGeo-Live testing sprint, this
weekend, 9-10 August 2014. We really want OSGeo seasoned developers to
find any outstanding issues, rather than having them found in workshops
or by new users in the released version.

So please consider joining our testing-sprint to verify everything
works. (The many testers in our last sprint made a big difference to
quality of our 50+ applications)

 1. Sign up
    at:http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_53#Participants
 2. Download ISO
    from:http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/8.0beta1/orhttp://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/8.0/
 3. Chat about your progress with us at:irc://irc.freenode.net#osgeolive
 4. Update your testing status
    at:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=13

We aim to have each application tested by both someone familiar with it,
and someone less familiar.

    Daily Checkin

We will be checking in daily
onirc://irc.freenode.net#osgeoliveat:http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?hour=20&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=189&p3=224&p4=22&p5=240&p6=196&p7=215

And you will likely catch one of our core team on IRC outside this
timeslot as well.

    Schedule

  * 08 August 2014 Testing Sprint (UAT).
  * 10 August 2014 Translations complete.
  * 11 August 2014 RC2 release.
  * 17 August 2014 OSGeo-Live 8.0 sent to the printers.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager