[OSGeo-Discuss] Board candidates: what are your plans?

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 20 14:22:06 PDT 2014

> I think this happened on last year’s elections, at least I remember sending out such an e-mail (not sure what came of those things I wrote down back then though ;-) ).
>
> Also, since we are looking for a new treasurer, I would be really interested to know which potential board member is good with finances and might be up for that role. As stated by Daniel before, someone from the US would be the best fit given the US tax systems etc.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Yes, last year I think we all candidates wrote at least some words
about our strengths or expectations for the board. It does't have to
be a lengthy text, and there's still time[1] for those statements. In
fact,they would be more than welcomed, specially for the potentially
new members for the reasons Johan has mentioned.

Thanks Johan for sharing your thoughts.

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?month=08&day=23&hour=14&p0=325&msg=OSGeo+Board+of+Directors+member+nominations&csz=1&swk=1

--
Jorge Sanz