[OSGeo-Discuss] Possible CS-W Portal Opportunity

Breimyer, Paul - 0442 - MITLL paul.breimyer at ll.mit.edu
Thu Feb 6 07:20:19 PST 2014

All,

Thank you for your responses and insights.  I'll try to provide some more
context - we have recently completed a new development effort that builds on
open source software.  Specifically, the UI platform is built on Liferay
(http://www.liferay.com/) with PrimeFaces and jQuery, we're using the Open
Identity Stack for ICAM/IdAM
(http://forgerock.com/products/open-identity-stack/), Postgres for the DB,
and Apache CXF for REST/SOAP web service interfaces (in addition to
GeoNetwork's services).  The system is being transitioned to an operational
partner and has been funded by The Department of Homeland Security Science
and Technology Directorate (DHS S&T).

There may be an opportunity to completely open source the system, which
would require some additional development to fully support the CS-W
interface.  Based upon the responses I've received so far (thanks again), it
seems like there may be some interest, but I think DHS S&T may need a
stronger expression of interest from OSGeo to move forward. If there's
interest, I could try to schedule a webex meeting to show the system.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Breimyer, Ph.D.

Technical Staff, Surveillance Systems