[OSGeo-Discuss] Possible CS-W Portal Opportunity

MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna delawen+osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 07:28:24 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Breimyer, Paul - 0442 - MITLL
<paul.breimyer at ll.mit.edu> wrote:
> My name is Paul Breimyer and I work for MIT Lincoln Laboratory, a government
> research lab (FFRDC).  We are building what is effectively a secure CS-W
> portal interface for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).  I'm writing
> to see if OSGeo might be interested in the portal if it were open sourced
> appropriately.  As part of this work we reviewed GeoNetwork: the backend
> services were well implemented, but we found the portal to be lacking
> capabilities that were necessary (at least for our use cases).  There may be
> an opportunity to enhance the GeoNetwork portal to facilitate broader
> adoption of the CS-W  standard.  Please let me know if there's interest to
> learn more.

Hi Paul,

As geoNetwork developer, I assure you we are pretty interested in any
enhancement we can merge in geoNetwork. Do you think it may be
possible to tell us more about this? Right now we have identified some
things to solve (mostly spatially operations related), but an external
point of view is always welcome.

There is a developers mailing list for geoNetwork:
geonetwork-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, if you think you are going to
be too technical for a more general mailing list like this one.