[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Digest, Vol 94, Issue 24 (actually: president's role in OSGEO)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 18 04:31:50 PDT 2014

Hi Dimitris,

Although your points make sense, the reality is that the President is
requested specifically for many things, in person, or on a Skype call,
writing a support letter, shaking a hand, giving a talk, etc etc.  This
is why I am so busy lately, and obviously why Arnulf was as well.  For a
second, imagine if Arnulf was the president all those years *without*
ever having a fulltime employee (which was the case for many years, as
Tyler was here as a paid Executive Director); the reality is different
now, where our foundation has no employees and things in fact do trickle
up (this is natural).

So I am ok with more specific definitions of roles in our organization,
but let us be realistic, is all that I ask. :)

-jeff