[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Digest, Vol 94, Issue 24 (actually: president's role in OSGEO)

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Fri Jul 18 10:23:24 PDT 2014

On Jul 18, 2014, at 5:31 AM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:

> Although your points make sense, the reality is that the President is
> requested specifically for many things, in person, or on a Skype call,
> writing a support letter, shaking a hand, giving a talk, etc etc.

Those are all things we would all *like* to do, yes, but the reality of
volunteer time available and funding limitations means that we cannot
always do everything we’d like to do.

If we were a Big Organization with Lots of Money, things would be
different, perhaps. But we’re not that, so we need to prioritize.

-mpg