[OSGeo-Discuss] Php map framework

Michael Jones 1320greatshield at gmail.com
Fri May 16 12:51:10 PDT 2014

Good afternoon,

I am new to the list and the world of Internet mapping.  My name is Michael
and i run a non-profit on sustainability out of Sacramento CA.  I work with
The Environmental council of Sacramento(ECoS) on their earth day event.  It
is the longest running earth day event in Sacramento.  I sit on the council
that over sees the event.  I am helping to implement an interactive map of
the event site to aid in the ease of vendors locations prior and day of
event.  I checked out Daniel M. recommendation of geomoose.  Thanx Daniel.
>From what i can tell it looks like it is just what we are looking for.  My
questions are as follows:

1.  Is it easy to set-up on a server/website?  such as a word press site?
2.  Is it user friendly.  the folks that would be dealing with this in real
time are not very tech savvy so i am looking for something that is easy to
use and update...example as new vendors come aboard is it easy to add them
to the map for someone with out tech exp??

I do have a long history with computers and have the skill but i have never
used Gis mapping before so there would be a learning curve.  plus i do not
have the time to put into learning how to create and or code a map such as
this.

3.  Is geomoose something that would be a recommendation for a simple
mapping software.

thank you all for all that you do.

Michael

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com