[OSGeo-Discuss] [was:Php map framework] Setting up a Simple Web Map

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri May 16 13:07:00 PDT 2014

Michael,

Yes - Geomoose is one possible option to solve your need.

For your use case I would suggest you just pay a mapping service
initially to run the map for you. 2 super common options built largely
on FOSS4G tools are:
CartoDB.com and Mapbox.com

If you want to try it your own, download a copy of OSGeo-Live, most if
not all of your options for building your own with open source solutions
are installed and ready to test. Geomoose is installed, so you can try
it for yourself.

Last since your in Sacramento, you could also contract for some help
locally. Selfish plug for something I helped start:
http://geospatial.ucdavis.edu

There are plenty of other possible vendors.

Thanks,
Alex