[OSGeo-Discuss] linux distro preferences

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:13:48 PST 2014

Petr,

All will do,
But since you ask for a recommendation: I recommend Debian. Their GIS
team has grown a lot recently and debian has packaged many GIS
packages [1], and has been providing security updates to them quickly
in the past (see eg [2]). Definitely the upcoming "jessie" release
will contain a large number of GIS packages out of the box.

Johan

[1]http://blends.debian.net/gis/tasks/
[2] http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/m/mapserver/mapserver_6.0.1-3.2+deb7u2_changelog