[OSGeo-Discuss] Status of discussion regarding FOSS4G collaboration with LocationTech and POCs

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:39:10 PDT 2014

The discussion seems to be over. However 2 monuments of this discussion
remain

> 1. A wiki page at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Options_2014
> (assembled by Cameron Shorter)
>
> 2. A google doc based survey (by Jacky Cepicky)
>

> Can someone explain to me (and others) what
>
> a) the current status of the discussion is

I think there are two discussions.

A discussion of conference options (so we do not stress out our volunteers
around the globe). Looks like research is being gathered, and there are
lots of options to consider. I kind of expect that discussion to boil down
to facts, figures, risk and take place on the conference committee mailing
list?

The second discussion, as Jachym noted, is waiting of survey results. I
expect that to take place on osgeo discuss - when their are some results to
discuss.

b) where to find this status ;-)

Wiki (and conference committee?) for the first one.

Survey results (when available).

c) what the road map for this discussion is. I guess the deadline is
> february 2015, when the Request For Proposal for 2016 is due ;-)

I think only the first discussion has a deadline.

Second one should be ongoing :)
--
Jody