[OSGeo-Discuss] Hands-on workshop on Open GIS and Modern Webmapping , Nov 24th-25th, Vienna

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 27 04:06:09 PDT 2014

On behalf of the ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies and the ICA Commission on Map Production and Geobusiness , we are pleased to announce two-day hands-on workshop on "Open Source GIS and Modern Webmapping", which will be held on November 24th and 25th in Vienna, Austria, immediately prior to the LBS2014/SOMAP2014 conference.  Barend Köbben (ITC, Netherlands) will be leading this.

You are invited to sessions to learn about Open Source tools for GIS and mapping on the Web. We start with an introductory session, and then show hands-on how to actually do it . So participants bring their laptop, we provide the theory, the software and guidance. Some dedicated lectures on topics of modern cartography in the context of open source geospatial technologies as well as the background of cartographic information systems will be given as well. No specific requirements and skills are needed for participation other than your interest in finding out about the potential of open source, open standards, open data and spatial data infrastructures for geospatial domain.

Registration for this workshop is free.  We thank the International Cartographic Association (ICA) and the organisors of LBS2014/SOMAP2014 conference for their support that made this possible.

Details at http://lbs2014.org/content/hands-workshop-open-gis-and-modern-webmapping

This is building upon the Open Source GIS and WebMapping for UN staff workshop organised in  2012 in Vienna.
http://www.un-spider.org/event/5764/2012-11-20/hands-workshop-open-source-gis-and-webmapping-un-staff-20-and-21-november-2012

We look forward to welcoming you to Vienna.

Best wishes,

Suchith

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.