[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeoLive 9.5 status: alpha1

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 07:50:56 PST 2015

Greetings,

Today we release the first alpha of OSGeoLive 9.5 [1] [2].
During the first weeks of development we updated the C and Python stack
and have released the new packages under our testing ppa repository [3].
If those packages prove to be stable, we plan to use them to update
UbuntuGIS Unstable ppa.
We also plan to move packages from OSGeoLive 9.0 [4] to UbuntuGIS Stable
ppa.
Many thanks to the DebianGIS project for their help in packaging.
Testers/packagers are always welcome!

This is the best timing for projects to provide updated install scripts
or updated debian packages for the 9.5 release. Pull requests are welcome.

Happy hacking,
Angelos

[1] http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/9.5/
[2] http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/9.5alpha1/