[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4GNA - Someone is watching you :-o

Pat Tressel ptressel at myuw.net
Wed Dec 16 09:45:56 PST 2015

Puneet --

> If you want to point at a company as being the Evil Empire these days,
> you'd be more accurate pointing at Apple (cancelling licenses for Mac
> clones, suicides at Foxconn, restrictions on getting apps on iTunes,
> removing fitness tracker products from their stores because they might
> compete with the Apple Watch, etc. -- do a search for "apple anti
> competitive practices")
>
> You were doing fine until above. The rest of your post is indeed very
> relevant and useful and argues correctly for sanity instead of knee-jerk
> accusations (until the above assertions, of course).

A valid point -- I should have left that out (and almost did delete it) and
kept it positive.

> The point is, there seems to be a fairly strident Location Tech bashing
> going on, and it is getting to be tiring.

Ah, yes.

> Let's stick to keeping OSGeo a fun, useful champion of free and open
> geospatial without becoming anti-anything-free, partisan and possibly
> irrelevant.

^^ This ^^  ;-)

Massimiliano --

You misunderstood or probably i didn't explained myself.

I'm not against any proprietary software or company. I use google and agree
> to accept their term of use.

Ok.  It sounded like accusations against those companies.  The main point
was that MailChimp did not do anything mysterious or underhanded.
Suggestion for future:  Just ask "how did I get on these lists" (or
whatever), and you'll get the answer without the Sturm und Drang.  :D

-- Pat