[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4GNA - Someone is watching you :-o

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Dec 16 07:00:12 PST 2015

On 2015/12/16 18:37, Pat Tressel wrote:
> MailChimp is a very popular product. If you have a provable accusation
> against them -- that they were acting **independently of the account
> administrator** to alter lists, then that would be significant. As Rob
> has stated, MailChimp did not do something by itself. The list was
> aggregated from previous lists and events in which people participated.

I have also received a similar unsolicited mail. I would like to know
who has authorized
the aggregation and usage of email address from "previous lists and
events in which
people participated". I think every event has a privacy policy and
e-mail address provided
are only to be used for communicating about the specific event and not
for aggregating for
future use.

Venka