[OSGeo-Discuss] New incubation procedure

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:44:51 PST 2015

Hi,

I would like to dig a bit more into the topic "more fine incubation"
procedure and former "OSGeo Labs" (now it has no name is slowly forgotten
in past, but you can find more at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs)

I would like to start talk about it a bit (I suggest incubator mailing
list), prepared wiki page (with confusing name):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/5-star-rating

Scope: to re-new OSGeo Labs, make the incubation process easier for all of
us, with more little steps (except for one big). Projects could flow
between the steps "up" and "down", related to their current living phase.

I hope, this would help to the community to get oriented, would allow more
projects to join in. Work for incubation committee and mentors could be
even less (some projects will remain in beta). It's also related to the
"certification" topic (even not people, but software).

Jachym