[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Conf] Should we consider all the Americas for FOSS4G2017 Conference?

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:05:40 PDT 2015

Interesting idea

What do you think the outcome would be? Seems to me that it would make it would reduce competition in ‘elsewhere group’. Would it increase S American chance of hosting a global FOSS4G?

My view, it makes sense to keep 1/3 FOSS4G’s in N America and 1/3 in Europe with the 3rd in ‘elsewhere group’ - it encourages outreach to new places once in 3 years while ensuring that the event is hosted in the back yards of the 2 largest communities of contributors and users in the other years.
______
Steven