[OSGeo-Discuss] How to Flock Together at FOSS4G Seoul! - e-Newsletter No.5

FOSS4G Seoul 2015 programme_foss4g2015 at meci.kr
Mon Jul 13 01:25:39 PDT 2015

http://2015.foss4g.org/

FOSS4G e-Newsletter No. 5

http://2015.foss4g.org/attending/registration/MARK THE DATE!

REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR PRESENTERS (http://2015.foss4g.org/attending/registration/)
Registration deadline for the authors of accepted abstract/poster/presentation is available until July 13, 2015.
At least one of authors of accepted abstract/poster/presentation is highly recommended to register by July 13, 2015 be allocated in the session. This is for better planning of FOSS4G Seoul. However not registration by July 13 doesn’t mean your drop-out from speaker list.
Regular Registration is USD 550 for 3 days of main conference, and USD 100 for half-day of top notch workshops from the world’s best international presenters.

http://2015.foss4g.org/attending/registration/
PROGRAMS

Important Dates (http://2015.foss4g.org)
Presenter Registration Deadline                      July 13, 2015
Full Paper Submission Deadline of Selected Abstracts August 15, 2015
Map Submission Deadline                              August 31, 2015
Workshops                                            September 14-15, 2015
Main Conference                                      September 16-18, 2015
Code Sprint                                          September 19, 2015

Map Gallery (http://2015.foss4g.org/programme/map-gallery/)
We invite contributions to the FOSS4G 2015 Seoul Map Gallery to build an exciting and vibrant exhibit of the very best in mapping. This Map Gallery will not only demonstrate the work of delegates but also act as a reference point for the current state of mapping more widely. Anyone who even not participate the conference could submit the wonderful map through the on-line submission page.
The submission page has opened on July 1 and the closing date for submission is August 31, giving you 2 months to pull together the projects you’ve been working with over the last year.
Click (http://2015.foss4g.org/programme/map-gallery/) it, and submit now.

BoF Meeting (http://2015.foss4g.org/programme/bird-of-a-feather/)
There is an old saying that “Birds of a feather flock together”. The Birds of a feater sessions are a regular feature at FOSS4G conferences, and are an opportunity for like-minded people to informally gather and discuss their intersets. We’ll provide some rooms for this self-organizing gatherings. Use the OSGeo mailing list(foss4g2015 at lists.osgeo.org (mailto:foss4g2015 at lists.osgeo.org) ) for discussions, and check out the Birds-of-a-Feather wiki page(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2015_BirdsOfA Feather) for current plans or to make your own first.

Code Sprint (http://2015.foss4g.org/programme/code-sprint/)
The Code Sprint provides the opportunity for projects members to get together to make plans, work on new features, write documentation and generally collaborate. All participants are welcome. You don’t need to reigster or attend FOSS4G to attend the Code Sprint, although registering on the OSGeo wiki is appreciated for planning purposes like coffee and food.
When: Saturday, September 19, 2015. 09:00~18:00
Where: CNN the Biz Gangnam Education & Training Center #301
OSGeo Wiki page: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2015_Code_Sprint

http://2015.foss4g.org/programme/social-events/ SOCIAL EVENTS

Ice-Breaking Party (http://2015.foss4g.org/programme/social-events/)
Before starting FOSS4G conference, we have prepared Ice breaking to welcome and warm the conversation among participants.
We will provide a list and map of recommendable place on our official website. You can check Pub, Restaurants and Karaoke near the conference venue (The K-Hotel) and it will take around 10min. by walk.
For more information, please visit our official webpage.

http://www.visitseoul.net/TRAVEL TIPS

WHAT TO DO (http://www.visitseoul.net/)
Seoul City Tour Bus
The Seoul City Tour Bus offers organized shuttle tours of the city's most popular and noteworthy attractions through circular routes. With one ticket valid for the day, tourists may hop-on and –off at any of its destinations to visit the attractions of their choice (except for the nighttime tours which are non-stop).
There are 5 tour courses where you could go with Seoul City Tour Bus.

1) Traditional Culture Tour
Experience Korean culture, food, and shopping through visiting Seoul’s best traditional markets.

2) Downtown-Royal Palaces Course
All the major attractions in Seoul including Myeongdong, Insadong, Itaewon, Daehangno.

3) Seoul Panorama Course
Explore all four corners of the magnificent megacity.

4) Night-time Courses
Enjoy the romantic and scenic Han River at night.

5) Gangnam City Tour Course
Visit Gangnam is most famous landmarks, like COEX, Gangnam Station, and Garosu-gil.

For more information about Seoul City Your Bus, please click here to go to Seoul travel guide site ‘Visit Seoul’.

PLACE TO EAT (http://www.visitseoul.net/)
Mapo's Dwaeji Galbi & Dwaeji Jumulleok Alley

You may or may not have heard the terms "Mapo galbi" or "Mapo jumulleok", but for Koreans, these words go hand in hand. Koreans know that even though you can get galbi or jumulleok almost anywhere, the best place to go for that real, unforgettable taste is Mapo.
Although the story of how Mapo became the mecca of dwaeji galbi and jumulleok is not known for certain, some say that it started around the 1950s because of Mapo's location right next to the Hangang (River). Mapo, known as Maponaru at that time, and was an area of commerce and trade. Many seamen came through here, and as a result, restaurants began popping up to serve the growing number of hungry customers, most of which served marinated meat. Maponaru is gone now sixty years later, but many of the original barbeque restaurants are still standing.

▶ What is Galbi?
Galbi (갈비) literally translates to "rib", and is beef or pork short ribs that are typically marinated in a concoction of soy sauce, sliced scallions, garlic, ginger juice, sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and pepper and then grilled. The meat is generally scored to allow for the marinade to soak in.

▶ What is Jumulleok?
Jumulleok (주물럭) is pork sirloin that has been lightly marinated in a concoction of sesame oil, salt, garlic, and pepper and then charcoal-grilled. The name "jumulleok" comes from the word "jumulleokgeorida" (주물럭거리다), which means "to knead or rub", which describes the action of how jumulleok is made (the marinade is kneaded into the meat).

* 10 minutes walk from Exit 1 of Mapo Station, Subway Line #5

SPONSORS

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to your support to the conference.
MAPBOX have newly joined as a Gold Sponsor!
Here are our current 30 sponsors and 5 media partners.

GOLD

SILVER

BRONZE

SUPPORTER

MEDIA
PARTNERS

For further inquiries, please contact the Secretariat of FOSS4G Seoul 2015 at foss4g2015-info at osgeo.org (mailto:foss4g2015-info at osgeo.org) mailto:foss4g2015-info at osgeo.org

This email was sent to discuss at osgeo.org (mailto:discuss at osgeo.org)
why did I get this? (http://foss4g.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=92023a5676f520b1414335d36&id=ce90ff9002&e=6be46826f2&c=c35d3290d2)     unsubscribe from this list (http://foss4g.us3.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=92023a5676f520b1414335d36&id=ce90ff9002&e=6be46826f2&c=c35d3290d2)     update subscription preferences (http://foss4g.us3.list-manage1.com/profile?u=92023a5676f520b1414335d36&id=ce90ff9002&e=6be46826f2)
OSGeo . 14525 SW Millikan . Beaverton, OR 97005 . USA