[OSGeo-Discuss] Where do YOU want to go for FOSS4G NA 2016

Andrew Ross andrew.ross at eclipse.org
Tue Jul 14 05:39:44 PDT 2015

Hey Daniel,

(x-posted to OSGeo & LocationTech discussion lists)

Great question & thanks for raising it.

The costs are about the same, same dates, and both are downtown
locations in the midst of many points of interest nearby. Both with
strong engaged communities in the region. The key differences are:

  * One is a conference hotel we'd take over completely (Philly) & one
    is a convention center (Raleigh).
  * Philadelphia the city & Raleigh the city
  * Proximity to other nearby major cities
  * Philly has nearby hostels for those interested. Raleigh had the
    University residence but it's  bit of a hike.
  * Transportation links from other places in North America are a factor.
  * Some have noted they feel past events hosted in the city should
    positively/negatively affect whether it should be selected.

Kind regards,

Andrew