[OSGeo-Discuss] election process

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Mon Jun 22 12:27:01 PDT 2015

Hi Bart, Bob, Jeff and the entire OSGeo community,

I'm currently summarizing all the past and current
procedures/rules/ideas/worries/statistics regarding the election process
and put the information in one coherent message for our community. Right
now, I find very difficult for the charter members to follow on so many
threads, on multiple mailing list, wiki pages and IRC logs. Everyone,
please allow me a little more time to gather the information. I'm also
looking at the election models in other open source communities.
Definitively, we are not the only one with dilemmas regarding this
process (e.g. the recent elections in Python Software Foundation -
http://pyfound.blogspot.ro/2015/06/the-election-process-and-new-psf.html).

Best,
Vasile
(your 2015 CRO)