[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Python framework for working with OWS services [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Sun Mar 15 18:02:32 PDT 2015

(Apologies for cross posting)

Hello Colleagues,

We’re looking around for a good, robust open source python framework for working with OGC Web Services.

Our initial need is to automate the validation and testing of our internal services, though I expect that our need will grow from there.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some effective libraries that work with current versions of OWS?

We’ve come across OWSlib [1] and [2], but are not aware of how people are finding its functionality.

Bruce

[1] http://geopython.github.io/OWSLib/

[2] https://www.openhub.net/p/OWSLib