[OSGeo-Discuss] Point Cloud ad hoc session at upcoming OGC meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Mon May 11 16:18:28 PDT 2015

Hi Scott,
I seems the Point Cloud agenda doesn't yet cover the 4 key points from the
Open Letter?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/LIDAR_Format_Letter#Open_Letter_of_the_Need_for_Open_Standards_in_LiDAR

Maybe have someone such as Martin Isenburg lead such discussion?
Martin, would you be available?

> Draft Agenda:
> Scott Simmons, OGC: Introduction to Point Cloud discussion and summary of
standards efforts
> Chris Little, UK Met Office: What (where and when) is the Point in
Meteorology

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 2:23 AM, Scott Simmons <ssimmons at opengeospatial.org>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Please note that the agenda location has changed to:
>
> https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=63241
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> Scott Simmons
> Executive Director, Standards Program
> Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
> tel +1 970 682 1922
> mob +1 970 214 9467
> ssimmons at opengeospatial.org
>
> The OGC: Making Location Count…
> www.opengeospatial.org
>

> On May 11, 2015, at 10:01 AM, Scott Simmons <ssimmons at opengeospatial.org>
> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> At the upcoming OGC Technical Committee meeting in Boulder, Colorado USA,
> we will be holding an ad hoc session on standardization activities related
> to Point Cloud data.  The session will be held on 1 June 2015 from 1300 -
> 1445 Mountain Daylight Time and will include a GoTo Meeting for remote
> participation.  This meeting is open to the public.
>
> A draft agenda is evolving and can be found here:
>
> https://portal.opengeospatial.org/modules/files/details.php?m=files&artifact_id=62956
>
> Please note that the meeting will include significant time for
> discussion.  I encourage the OSGeo community to participate.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Scott
>
> Scott Simmons
> Executive Director, Standards Program