[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo/LocationTech relationship

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Nov 12 22:49:44 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 09:29:59PM +0000, Jody Garnett wrote:

> I may as well link to my more recent talk (https://vimeo.com/142989259) as

Interesting talk Jody, thank you !

One thing it wasn't clear to me (I might have dreamt it):
did you say that LocationTech only accept non-copylefted projects
in the foundation ? I think it came out by the very end
of the talk, in response to a question from Luca Delucchi (~30:00)

I tried browsing the locationtech.org website but found no mention
of this limitation.

It's confusing, because you early mentioned that projects can be
in both foundations while if that's confirmed projects like PostGIS,
GRASS or QGIS (to name a few) could _not_ be.

It is interesting that they have dedicated IP stuff, would come to
think the actual goal is to help companies ride the "Open Source" tide
(still big, and still growing) w/out risk of getting wet...

--strk;