[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo/LocationTech relationship

María Arias de Reyna delawen+osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 00:41:09 PST 2015

I answer myself, yes, they filter by name. And explicitly forbid GPL licenses:
https://www.locationtech.org/faq-questions-inline

Which licenses does LocationTech allow?

The following licenses are allowed at LocationTech without special approval:

EPL
EDL (BSD)
MIT
Apache v2

Other licenses might be considered based on approval of the
LocationTech Steering Committee and Eclipse Foundation board.

The following licenses are not allowed at LocationTech:

AGPL
GPL (v2 & v3)