[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo/LocationTech relationship

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 01:11:44 PST 2015

Thanks for this Steven,

> Please don’t assume that the lack of response to your FAQ means that it is
> widely accepted.
>
> I think that you need to recognise the concerns that have been expressed in
> the various threads (whether you consider them valid or not)  and seek to
> address them through discussions which are almost certainly best held
> between the officers of LT and OSGeo not via an email list.
>
> The voting period for 2017 is nearly over, once the result has been
> announced let’s try to move forward in a cooperative manner.

I totally agree with this.

To be honest I had my hands itching at least 100 times during this
discussion and I am so glad I didn't write out of passion.
Also, the reason why I didn't enter the discussion, is that many
already had expressed at least partially what I was thinking (mostly
Massimiliano and Jeff).

But I honestly do not see how a discussion around such a complex topic
can be solved on a mailinglist.

I am voting for someone to represent me at a certain level and I find
that this discussion should be brought to a different level than a
public discussion mailinglist, in which some people might bump in
pushed by passion/anger.

Given how some people/organizations have felt offended in the thread,
I think this is the moment in which this should be taken to the
"officers of LT and OSGeo", as Steven wisely proposes.

All the best,
Andrea