[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo/LocationTech relationship

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:11:12 PST 2015

Thanks for the balanced discussion Rob and Jeff:

I have enjoyed the feeling of community at LocationTech, and appreciate
your assistance talking me through raster processing libraries last week.
By the same token the Code Sprint in Philadelphia was a great chance to
build bridges between projects.

I would echo your sentiment that LocationTech is focused on community
building (rather than any kind of restriction to business/commercial
interests).

If I was to sum up the difference in outlook between the two organizations
today it would more be along the lines of LocationTech being "developer
focused" and OSGeo being "user focused'. I think that is more a reflection
of where the projects involved are in their incubation process that any
strategic difference.

A reason I have joined the OSGeo board is to help keep developers and
projects front and centre on the OSGeo agenda. Difficult when OSGeo has so
much other excellent work going on!
--
Jody

--