[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposed OSGeo Vision

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Nov 19 17:09:42 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:47 AM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden
<gert-jan at osgeo.nl> wrote:
> Suchith, Cameron, Board Members and everybody else,
>

> Our board has a face2face meeting in January 2016 (althought the wiki
> mentions "2015") [3] (in a cold, wet -but thanks to Jeroen Ticheler
> welcoming- Holland).

> Some ideas & suggestions:

> - For the board f2f: consider to invite an independant process facilitator

+1.  Yes, please ensure that OSGeo funds are well spent by having some
independent facilitator helping have a productive meeting.  I could
recommend resources in Oregon and I'm sure that there are similar in
Holland.  The person does not need to know anything about software,
open source, non-profits, or foundations.  Probably better if they
don't so as to keep the focus on the process.

Best Regards, Eli