[OSGeo-Discuss] Question(s) for board candidates

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Fri Sep 25 08:00:23 PDT 2015

Dear Darrel,

On 21-09-15 20:03, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:
> I have a set of inter-related questions for board candidates.
>
> 1) What do you see as OSGeo’s purpose today?
OSGeo should promote the rights for free software, from a geo
perspective. Data and standards from the other points of the triangle.
OSGeo should act as one voice in OGC to defend the open standards from
an OSGeo perspective.

> 1a) What is OSGeo doing today that it shouldn’t be doing?
tell me. a lot of initiatives are taking place in the name of OSGeo.

> 2) What do you see as OSGeo’s purpose in five years?
I think the same purpose, but more grown up. More professional.

> 2a) What should OSGeo be doing in five years that it *isn’t* doing today?
I agree with Sanghee Shin: -> Need to develop more formal and stable
relationship with outer organisations or players.

> 3) How do we get from (1) to (2)?
set up and support local chapters per region, sector.
support initiatives to the industry, education, ...
looking for funding to get better professional support

> 3a) How can you help that?
I can play a role to start with a European and Belgium local chapter.
I will also try to work with sponsors and the OSGeo industry.

D.

> Darrell

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne