[OSGeo-Discuss] Board election: no re-elections this year?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:39:46 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm not standing for re-elections, because I think, I did not achieved some
tasks I had, and see no way currently, how I could do better as board
member. Also I lack of energy and therefore I cut-off some roles I managed
to play during last couple of years. Being on the board, raised more
questions to me, then clear answers I was able to provide, maybe I just
need to get older (or "more experienced" if you prefer). I hope to return
back some time in the future. I hope to be able to contribute as OSGeo
member and hope to finish some tasks as secretary next years.

Being on the board is not necessary time demanding. But as Bart stated:
it's just up to you, how many time you can dedicate to OSGeo. Having clear
vision where we want to go and accept what is currently possible certainly
helps to get things done. However: if you have to choose between volunteer
work for OSGeo and volunteer work at your open source project, you are in
trouble.

Jachym

pá 25. 9. 2015 v 11:34 odesílatel Arnulf Christl <