[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Fwd: Fwd: Consider extending deadline for board voting

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Sat Sep 26 10:53:43 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I'm not in favor of modifying the election schedule/calendar, well
announced in advance. However, I do understand why, due to FOSS4G, some
actions were delayed. I mean:

1. The request for nominees manifestos was announced very late. I'm
sorry for not asking myself the nominees from the first place to add
this information to wiki. It was on my todo list but got lost in course
of action. I have to thank Steven for bringing this subject on the table.

2. Most of the nominees attended FOSS4G and were quite busy doing things
during the conference and not being able add the manifesto or to answer
to the questions from the community. Everyone should note that the
manifesto is not mandatory according with the existing election process
rules.

3. A lot of our charter members were also in Seoul and did not have the
chance to give proper attention to the elections processes.

At this very moment, 180 charter members, from a total of 280, voted. I
just sent to all of the remaining members a final reminder to vote. I'm
willing to extend the deadline for 48 hours but not because of
FOSS4G/manifesto issue. Also, I'm willing to spend my Sunday&Monday
trying to get personally in touch with all the remaining 100 charter
members via
IRC/E-mail/Skype/Twitter/GitHub/Facebook/Linkedin/Whatsapp/Telegram/Telephone/etc
to make sure that they know about the elections and to kindly ask them
to vote. I'm totally against revoting. The manifesto is not mandatory
according with our rules. I see no real purpose for someone to change
their vote.

Best,
Vasile

PS I just noticed that most of our nominees for the board of directors
did not vote yet. Of course, we are still in time. Anyway, please don't
think that you have to abstain just because you are running for a seat
in the board of directors. You are entitled to vote, even for your own name.