[OSGeo-Discuss] WorldWind GeoForAll @ OSGeo+ICA+ISPRS+OGRS
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Apr 10 12:17:42 PDT 2016
This is truly amazing and thank you for sharing these excellent updates. Thanks to ESA , NASA and everyone who are working to make this possible. We will be having some more excellent updates later this month so we can further expand the Europa Challenge :-)
From: Discuss [discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] on behalf of Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) [patrick.hogan at nasa.gov]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2016 8:04 PM
To: OSGeo Discussions
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] WorldWind GeoForAll @ OSGeo+ICA+ISPRS+OGRS
Dear OSGeo, ICA, ISPRS Communities, and the GeoForAll mission,
Some very exciting news will soon be shared with YOU! The good news is that GeoForAll progress is being made on multiple fronts, in ways that serve the core principles of the brilliant world-beacons provided by OSGeo, ICA, ISPRS and OGRS. Here is a brief mention for what you will learn more of soon.
1. The European Space Agency (ESA) has standardized on NASA WebWorldWind. Expect significant advances to this open source geobrowser, along with facilitated access to the Copernicus programme Sentinel data, for research and the needs of a greater European government community. Thank you ESA and Pier Giorgio Marchetti!
2. Extraordinary progress is being made on what was originally called the Global Earthquake Forecast System and is now referred to as Earthquake Signal Precursors (ESP). This will prove invaluable to the world. The monitoring systems (hardware) and entire communication infrastructure (software), are all designed and built as open source. Thank you TrilliumLearning and Ron Fortunato!
3. The city of Trento will be hosting the 'climax' to the 2016 Europa Challenge. This will include an all-expense paid invitation (lodging and meals, excluding travel) to the top three teams for a final three days of intense collaboration and all-out competition for the very best ^OpenCitySmart^ solution! Thank you Trento and Milena Bigatto!
4. Look for a special Europa Challenge presence at the OGRS symposium in Perugia.
5. And more pleasant surprises! ;-)
'If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately' -Benjamin Franklin circa 1776
Patrick.Hogan at nasa.gov
World Wind Project Manager
(650) 604-5656 (office)
(650) 269-2788 (cell)
Discuss mailing list
Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee
and may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.
Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this
message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the
author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the
University of Nottingham.
This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an
attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your
computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as
permitted by UK legislation.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss