[OSGeo-Discuss] Translation of articles about participatory mapping experiences in the Farma Valley, Southern Tuscany, Italy

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:19:33 PST 2016

[apologies for cross-postings to folks on ppgis]

Dear all,

a)

http://www.pibinko.org/come-to-measure-the-dark-skies-in-
the-valley-thats-not-there-il-tirreno-dec-17-2016/

http://www.pibinko.org/our-festival-at-last-il-tirreno-dec-17-2016/

...these articles were published on one of the two main newspapers in
Tuscany on Dec. 17

b) We needed a few days to get a translation into English (which may still
be improved, so bear with us for any glitches, but we though it was
important to share the news asap).

c) The articles are a nice independent summary of a series of activities
which we (the subjects involved are detailed in the article) started in
2006, involving various elements of participatory mapping.

...some of these activities have already been advertised on this
list...anyway: if you need some backtracking, the sites
http://www.pibinko.org (since 1991) and http://www.attivarti.org (since
2007) carry all the story

d) for comments, questions and enquiries, we will be glad to hear from you

e) if you are interested, you can subscribe to our newsletter (
http://attivarti.org/lists/) to stay posted on upcoming events and
initiatives (Italian and English currently available)..

Many thanks for your attention, and best regards from Italy:

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org
info at pibinko.org

p.s. http://www.pibinko.org/20172018-seasons-greetings/