[OSGeo-Discuss] New Maps Plus online graduate classes in open source web mapping – apply by March 27

UK New Maps Plus Certificate rs_newmapsplus at uky.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:01:25 PST 2016

Hello:
 Are you interested in web mapping? Check out the online graduate program in Digital Mapping at the University of Kentucky - we can help take your GIS career to the next level. While there are a full range of courses, we recommend experienced GIS professionals begin with MAP 672 – Programming for Web Mapping<http://newmapsplus.uky.edu/map672-programming-web-mapping-syllabus>.
 We will also be offering MAP 671 – Intro to New Mapping<http://newmapsplus.uky.edu/map671-introduction-new-mapping-syllabus> (focusing on an open source desktop GIS workflow for web production) as well as MAP 672 – Programming for Web Mapping<http://newmapsplus.uky.edu/map672-programming-web-mapping-syllabus>. MAP 672 introduces students to JavaScript, HTML and CSS and is perfect for those who have work experience in desktop GIS, but have not yet begun web mapping.  If this describes you, please email us<mailto:newmapsplus at uky.edu?subject=Enrolling%20in%20MAP672> so we can review your experience and consider an advanced enrollment.
 All of these courses are offered completely online and are part of the New Maps Plus graduate certificate (11 credits) and lay the groundwork for the Master’s of Science (30 credits) in digital mapping at the University of Kentucky.  More details are available at the program’s webpage<http://newmapsplus.uky.edu/> or Facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/NewMapsPlus>.
 Designed with all levels of experience in mind, the New Maps Plus program at the University of Kentucky offers an unparalleled online learning experience. Applications<http://newmapsplus.uky.edu/apply> for the session beginning April 10th are due March 27, 2016. Please contact us with any questions or suggestions.
 Best,
Matthew Zook, Ph.D.
Professor and Director of GIS Initiatives
Department of Geography, University of Kentucky
Patterson Office Tower, Room 817
Lexington, KY 40506