[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo4W maintenance activities

Rashad Kanavath mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 08:26:19 PST 2016

Hello Anita,

I think osgeo4w needs a better structuring of how packages can be added or
updated based on different compilers and version.

Currently, due to ABI incompatibility upgrades are stuck. For instance
ossim.  This was discussed in
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/473#comment:7

IMHO, it should become a package management tool for Windows rather than a
package installer.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OSGeo4W is a great project which brings together software from lots of our
> projects and many users rely on it.
>
> The volunteer team around OSGeo4W is not that big and I wonder how
> sustainable this is in the long run. From what I know, there are quite a
> lot of - mostly maintenance - issues on the todo list, which have been
> sitting there for months.
>
> I'd like to encourage the OSGeo4W team to let us know how OSGeo can help
> ensure that this important project for many users is run in a sustainable
> manner.
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita

Regards,