[OSGeo-Discuss] OGRS'16 -> 2nd Call for Sessions & Workshops (new deadline < February 10th, 2016)

Olivier Ertz olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch
Mon Jan 25 02:10:24 PST 2016

About *Open Source Geospatial Research & Education Symposium*, Perugia,
Italy, 12/14 October 2016, also known as OGRS'16.

Please notice the new deadline date that has been extended to *February
10th, 2016*. So you have still time to submit a proposal for a workshop.
The same goes for a proposal of session dedicated to a subject that is
important for you.

See below the text of first call.

---

> The OGRS Community steering committee is pleased to announce the next
> edition of *OGRS, in Perugia, Italy, 12/14 October 2016*. The main
> scope of the 2016 symposium is within the general scope of OGRS events
> (see founding articles on the [ogrs-community.org
> <http://ogrs-community.org>] website). In summary, the 2016 symposium
> aims at bringing together students, technicians, researchers,
> developers and teachers working in different disciplines but with the
> common interest of using and developing Open Source Geospatial
> software and Open Data.
>
> OGRS2016 [2016.ogrs-community.org <http://2016.ogrs-community.org>] is
> an exchange platform that will offer two days of presentations and one
> day of workshops. Grouped by thematic sessions, presentations
> (including posters as well) are about original and recent research
> results, educational practices and innovation experiences. Workshops
> are hands-on sessions on a specific theme and software with an
> educational component, reinforcing the education side of the symposium.
>
> All OGRS publications will be released in collaboration with PeerJ
> Open Access publisher. On one hand, the short papers (1000-1500 words)
> submitted to OGRS2016 will be published in the proceedings of the
> Symposium in the frame of PeerJ Preprint. Moreover, the best
> contributions selected by the OGRS Scientific Committee will be
> invited to submit an article to the PeerJ Computer Science journal,
> Spatial and Geographic Information Systems subject.
>
> *Prior to the opening of the call for short papers, we run a Call for
> Sessions together with a Call for Workshops (deadline < February 10th,
> 2016)*
> -> [2016.ogrs-community.org/call-for-sessions-and-workshops
> <http://2016.ogrs-community.org/call-for-sessions-and-workshops>]
>
> Submission of short paper (deadline < April 15th, 2016)
> -> [2016.ogrs-community.org/submission-of-short-papers
> <http://2016.ogrs-community.org/submission-of-short-papers>]
>
> Other important dates
> -> [2016.ogrs-community.org/importantdates
> <http://2016.ogrs-community.org/importantdates>]

Pr. Olivier Ertz
on behalf of the OGRS Community steering committee.
--

HEIG-VD, Haute Ecole d'Ingénierie et de Gestion du Canton de Vaud
Pr. Olivier Ertz, département comem^+

HES-SO / UAS, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
MEI, Media Engineering Institute :: http://www.heig-vd.ch ::
http://mei.heig-vd.ch