[OSGeo-Discuss] geospatial @ apache foundation

Andrea Ross andrea.ross at eclipse.org
Sun Jan 31 14:25:45 PST 2016

Dear Cameron, George, and Everyone

Thank you for looping me in Cameron. You are correct, this is of
interest. Personally, I think it is great to see the geo work being done
at Apache. I have been cheering for it since I learned of it a few years
ago. And I personally think collaboration just makes sense. For those
that didn't already know about it, Mozilla is also doing some really
cool stuff.

It is particularly relevant for LocationTech's vibrant geoprocessing
projects (GeoMesa, GeoWave, GeoJinni, GeoTreillis, etc.) are based on
top of & implement spatial features for Spark, Hadoop, Accumulo, HBase, etc.

For what it's worth, FOSS4G NA <https://2016.foss4g-na.org/> runs May
2-5 in Raleigh. GEOINT <http://geoint2016.com/> runs May 15-18 in Orlando.

It goes without saying that the Apache Geo projects, and any others for
that matter, are welcome at FOSS4G NA. The CfP
<https://2016.foss4g-na.org/cfp> deadline is February 8th. Speakers who
have their talk accepted get a free full access pass. There are also
scholarships for those that need a little support.

Kind regards,

Andrea

--
*Andrea Ross*