[OSGeo-Discuss] Building Bridges, Empowering communities

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 08:24:01 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

Just one month after the successful FOSS4G UK conference, our colleagues in Austria have run an excellent  FOSSGIS Conference (4th to 6th July 2016) at the University of Salzburg.

http://www.fossgis-konferenz.de/2016/

The FOSSGIS Conference 2016 is organized by FOSSGIS e.V (german language local chapter of the OSGeo), the OpenStreetMap Community and the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) in cooperation with the University of Salzburg. I want to thank our colleagues at the GeoforAll lab at Salzburg for their support and contributions.

The FOSSGIS-conference is the largest german-language conference for Free and Open Source Software for GIS and Free Geodata hosting about 400 participants. FOSSGIS offers lots of presentations and workshops concerning FOSSGIS, Open Data, OpenStreetMap and more.

Photos from the event at https://www.flickr.com/photos/uni-salzburg/albums/72157667838354303

It is just amazing to see the growth  and impact of our global community from Argentina http://www.foss4g-ar.org   to Japan https://sites.google.com/site/foss4ghokkaido/

Thank you to all the kind volunteers  in all  countries and regions for their selfless efforts that help make this possible .All these events are organised for the community, but also by the community. It is this global outlook that is key to our success. On behalf of Geo4All, i invite strong participation from everyone for our Global FOSS4G conference this year at Bonn [1]

We want to invite all of you to be our GeoAmbassodors [2] and contribute to Education, Research and Service for the betterment of humanity as the key guiding principle and work towards the vision of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development for building a better world for all.

Details at  http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/07/how-can-we-contribute-our-efforts-for-united-nations-2030-agenda-for-sustainable-development-for-building-a-better-world-for-everyone-3/

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand
http://www.geoforall.org/

Geo for All - Building and expanding Open Geospatial Science

[1] http://2016.foss4g.org/home.html
[2] http://www.osgeo.org/node/1714

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.