[OSGeo-Discuss] #osgeo-<lang> channels on freenode

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jun 23 06:10:06 PDT 2016

As I noticed localized osgeo talk on Freenode happens on channels
with hard-to-guess names (#gfoss for italian, #fossgis for german)
I'm wondering what would it take to have "official" osgeo channels
with format #osgeo-<iso2>.

I know Freenode does support a wildcard-like channel registration
so that #osgeo-<anything> follows some general permissions, does
anyone know more about that ?

Freenode also supports automatic redirection, so eventually all
currently known channel names could be automatically redirected
to the new, more consistent, naming.

Anyone has experience with that ?

--strk;