[OSGeo-Discuss] 3D Satellite Models

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 23 15:23:10 PDT 2016

Dear Open Source Geospatial Community,

We working on porting this very cool satellite tracking tool from WorldWind Java to WebWorldWind
http://www.gano.name/shawn/JSatTrak/

You will be able to see where any satellite is at any time, including the International Space Station.

Something we would thoroughly appreciate from you please are 3D models for any satellites.

If you happen to know where we can find them,
we will then provide them as an open library for the world,
as well as in a web app for your enjoyment.

You will see this app as part of the Europa Challenge climaxing in Trento this year!
http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/
http://www.trentinoinnovation.eu/progetti/nasa-challenge

Thanks much,
-Patrick