[OSGeo-Discuss] 3D Satellite Models

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 23 15:43:24 PDT 2016

Patrick,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 12:23 AM, Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX)
<patrick.hogan at nasa.gov> wrote:
> Dear Open Source Geospatial Community,
>
> We working on porting this very cool satellite tracking tool from WorldWind
> Java to WebWorldWind
>
> http://www.gano.name/shawn/JSatTrak/
>

> You will be able to see where any satellite is at any time, including the
> International Space Station.
>

> Something we would thoroughly appreciate from you please are 3D models for
> any satellites.

Did you check "gpredict" (under GPL):

"Gpredict is a real-time satellite tracking and orbit prediction
application. It can track an unlimited number of satellites and
display their position and other data in lists, tables, maps, and
polar plots (radar view). Gpredict can also predict the time of future
passes for a satellite, and provide you with detailed information
about each pass. "

http://gpredict.oz9aec.net/

Best,
Markus