[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Funding code Sprints

dirk frigne dirkf at dfc.be
Wed Mar 2 08:22:33 PST 2016

Maxi,

I think we can solve that concern by divide the budget in 2 parts:
Assumption that we know already the really strategic code sprints for 2016.
(like the FOSS4G codes sprint in Bonn)

>From past years the board  can make a good assumption what the budget
for the strategic code sprints should be, and reserve that for these
activities for 2016. The second part can be allocated to new and ad-hoc
initiatives following a RFP.
(and in 2017 we can have several periods with RFP's so we can
instantiate a continue process).

Dirk

On 22-02-16 09:42, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
> Dear all,
> the fact that made me rise this discussion is:
> - we are facing more and more sprint code support requests (really
> really great)
> - we do have limited budget (we may not be able to support all the
> requests)
>
> So, how to prevent, for example, that a request in September for a
> very strategic sprint code is not funded because all the money were
> already spent?
> Shall we have a call for sprint code with defined criteria of
> selection so that all the projects are aware of this possibility and
> knows the rules?
>
> This was my concerns...
>

> Best,
> Maxi

> <mailto:punk.kish at gmail.com>>:
>

>     > On Feb 22, 2016, at 12:37 PM, Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX)
>     <patrick.hogan at nasa.gov <mailto:patrick.hogan at nasa.gov>> wrote:
>     >
>     > For my two-pence, which won't even get you a cup of chai in Mumbai
>

>     Correct. The current going rate is about 15ยข or 10p.

> *Massimiliano Cannata*
>
> Professore SUPSI in ingegneria Geomatica
>
> Responsabile settore Geomatica
>

> Istituto scienze della Terra
>
> Dipartimento ambiente costruzione e design
>
> Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana
>
> Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio
>
> Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14
>
> Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09
>
> massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch <mailto:massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch>