[OSGeo-Discuss] how did the Paris code sprint go

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 07:32:54 PST 2016

I second the idea of build boxes being very important to the well being of
projects. I was not aware that OSGeo had been running one, or that it had
been taken away.

I assume you have looked at solutions like Travis which are "free" to open
source (in exchange for the advertising they get by being exposed to your
developer and community).

Boundless, CSIRO, and GeoSolutions provided build boxes for GeoServer
(testing different integration functionality important to their business).
They are invaluable to keeping quality up.

Sandro we are setting up priorities for the foundation, I really encourage
you to take part and submit a PostGIS build box as an idea. I know the real
stop gap is volunteer time, I would hope such a useful idea would attract
people.
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 7:17 AM Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:

> On 8 March 2016 at 12:19, Oliver Courtin <olivier.courtin at oslandia.com>
> wrote:
> > Le 8 mars 2016 à 09:34, Sandro Santilli a écrit :
> >>
> >> Donating some fun to core developers is surely appreciated [..]
> >> but is just to stress out that it doesn't
> >> take being in the same room at the same time to move a project forward.
> >
> > Obviously we tried to get some fun (in Paris). And hope we did.
> >
> > But real point is to share time together with projects in mind.
> > Point is to strengthen, again, devs community.
>
> Oliver,
>
> I've done it in person but I'd like to repeat here too:
> you've done amazing job organizing the Paris sprint.
>
> It was a perfect combination of work and fun which also,
> AFAIS, was very productive event for the numerous projects.
>
> Best regards,

Jody Garnett