[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2018

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Sun May 8 03:18:13 PDT 2016

Yes, I now it's a long long way off!

I saw a tweet this morning asking about the location for 2018. According to our 3 year cycle 2018 will be the year that FOSS4G moves outside of North America and Europe.

If you want to make FOSS4G happen in your country or region why not start thinking  about what it would take to run the worlds biggest open source geo event:
Read the 2017 Request for Proposals process at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_Bid_Process
Read the FOSS4G Handbook at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook

We will kick off the process to select a host city for FOSS4G 2018 saloon after the 2016 event in Bonn closes

Attending a FOSS4G is one of the best things you will ever do, organising one is 10 times more awesome (speaks from experience)

Steven