[OSGeo-Discuss] project bashing -- was: Re: Does rasdaman CE solve an open source geospatial problem?

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Mon May 23 08:09:16 PDT 2016

Wow. Now that OSGeo is going to evict our project, suddenly a bashing tornado
starts from the fundamentalist angle: "they don't obey, therefore we proclaim
their technology is bad. Burn their project!"

A technically oriented discussion, unbiased and out of sheer interest, I love to
conduct. But this thread is neither unbiased nor driven by genuine (technical)
interest, rather intending to damage an open-source project with hundreds of
expert person months invested and spinoff contributions to several other
open-source projects (such as GDAL, MapServer, OpenSSL). Appreciated by
large-scale data centers.

Based on a surprisingly superficial understanding of array databases in some
contributions, based on unproven assumptions, not taking time to read (nor
understand) the manifold publications in the community explaining details. Based
on a fundamentalist bias against business.

My 15-hours days are calling on me with other duties. So we continue awaiting
faithfully the final OSGeo verdict on incubation, whatever it is after 6 years.

-Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
   mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
   tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
   www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com