[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoServer 2.9.0 Released
fgashakamba at arcosnetwork.org
Tue May 31 03:39:00 PDT 2016
I have had no luck in running GeoServer under Java 8. I keep seeing on the website that it is compatible but that’s not the case with me.
For instance, I just downloaded the WAR file of this new release and put in Tomcat and restarted but it doesn’t run.
I have other webapps in my Tomcat installation and they run fine. Any clue on what’s going on?
My java below:
PS C:\Web\Tomcat\bin> java -version
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)
Your help will be much appreciated.
From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Jody Garnett
Sent: 31 May 2016 00:42
To: OSGeo Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] GeoServer 2.9.0 Released
The GeoServer team is happy to announce the release of GeoServer 2.9.0:
This is the new stable release suitable for use in production. This release requires the use of Java 8.
* Web admin application layer, preview, global settings, image processing and raster access screens have been updated.
* User guide has been restructured for ease of navigation and to reduce duplication
* The REST API can now be used to manage icons, fonts and configuration files and report on the status of installed components.
* Internally this release features Wicket 7 and Spring 4 and the latest JAI-Ext library.
* Layer bounds can now be generated from spatial reference systems extent
* Styles can now be configured with a custom legend.
* For more details please see the blog post<http://blog.geoserver.org/2016/05/30/geoserver-2-9-0-released/> and release notes (2.9.0<https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=13003>|RC1<https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=12502>|beta2<https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=12700>|beta<https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=12100>|M0<https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=11401>)
Thanks to Jody and Devon (from Boundless) for publishing this release. This release was delayed for two months due to incompatibility with Java 8. Thanks for the dedicated testing a fix support from Andrea, Alessandro, Alex, Ben, Brad, Jukka, Niels, Torben and others during this long release cycle. Special thanks to sponsors of the Wicket 7 upgrade<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Code_Sprint_2016> sprint: OSGeo<http://www.osgeo.org/>, Boundless<http://boundlessgeo.com/>, Vivid Solutions<http://www.vividsolutions.com/>, How 2 Map<http://www.how2map.com/>, San Jose Water Company<https://www.sjwater.com/>, Transient<http://transient.nz/>, Geobeyond<http://www.geobeyond.it/> (with in-kind sponsors GeoSolutions, CCRi, Astun Technology and Voyager).
The GeoServer Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss