[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoServer 2.9.0 Released
jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:42:17 PDT 2016
The GeoServer team is happy to announce the release of GeoServer 2.9.0:
This is the new stable release suitable for use in production. This
the use of Java 8*.
- Web admin application layer, preview, global settings, image
processing and raster access screens have been updated.
- User guide has been restructured for ease of navigation and to reduce
- The REST API can now be used to manage icons, fonts and configuration
files and report on the status of installed components.
- Internally this release features Wicket 7 and Spring 4 and the latest
- Layer bounds can now be generated from spatial reference systems extent
- Styles can now be configured with a custom legend.
- For more details please see the blog post
release notes (2.9.0
Thanks to Jody and Devon (from Boundless) for publishing this release. This
release was delayed for two months due to incompatibility with Java 8.
Thanks for the dedicated testing a fix support from Andrea, Alessandro,
Alex, Ben, Brad, Jukka, Niels, Torben and others during this long release
cycle. Special thanks to sponsors of the Wicket 7 upgrade
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Code_Sprint_2016> sprint: OSGeo
<http://www.osgeo.org/>, Boundless <http://boundlessgeo.com/>, Vivid
Solutions <http://www.vividsolutions.com/>, How 2 Map
<http://www.how2map.com/>, San Jose Water Company <https://www.sjwater.com/>
, Transient <http://transient.nz/>, Geobeyond <http://www.geobeyond.it/> (with
in-kind sponsors GeoSolutions, CCRi, Astun Technology and Voyager).
The GeoServer Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss