[OSGeo-Discuss] Collaboration is the way forward: Note the LocationTech badge is not showing correctly

Marc Vloemans marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:23:23 PDT 2017

Dear Helmut,

I am also a charter member. And much more in our ever-growing and evolving community.

LocationTech is a partner of OSGeo, we work on various joint projects, LocationTech is sponsor of OSGeo code sprints, we work together for many years on FOSS4G North Amerika. We do valuable complementary work regarding community and market development.

All this has been achieved over the years incrementally and by the efforts, care and vision of many directly involved. An achievement, that by raising a discussion as you propose

Your confusion thus confuses me (besides Chair of the Marketing Committee, former Board member of OSGeoNL, member of the LOC FOSS4G 2016, Chair of FOSS4G North Amerika and ........ Director Ecosystem Development Eclipse Foundation with special focus on its Industry Working Group LocationTech.

Your comments are actually turning back the clock.

If you may remember, in the recent past some very unfortunately misunderstandings have created a we/them atmosphere. The present FOSS4G in Boston proves we are as an inclusive community moving forward. Towards unimaginable opportunities.

Kind regards,
Marc Vloemans