[OSGeo-Discuss] Note the LocationTech badge is not showing correctly

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 17 13:47:22 PDT 2017

Helmut

- this is the open discussion that we are having, so please keep letting us
know your concerns - they are not ignored and you are not alone. We need
the input from the community to make the decisions on what is presented at
the OSGeo web site and how.

Thanks a lot for your reviews and comments, rest assured they will be taken
into account,

Helena

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> (Taken from https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2017-August/
> 035453.html)
>
> "Note the LocationTech badge is not not showing correctly"
>
> now I am, as an OSGeo charter member, really really confused about this.
>
> What I'm really missing here is an open discussion and decision making how
> we, as an organisation OSGeo, going forward to promote projects from other
> organisations.
>
> What is the added value for OSGeo to promote locationtech projects? Will
> locationtech also promote OSGeo projects? Why not promote projects from any
> other org? Who will decide which project or other org will be promoted?....
>
> Too many open questions without any sound background for me as an OSGeo
> charter member.
>
> Kind regards
> Helmut

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208